Monday, January 26, 2009

Is It Happening Again?






Well, today it is lightly raining. The first precipitation we have had in a while. The only problem is it is 27 degrees outside. It reminds me of last winter when we had sooo much ice that we lost our oak tree. The first photo is a spider web with ice on it on one of our shrubs. Second is my poor Japanese maple I had planted just a couple of months before. The third is the morning electricity started going off and our tree started giving up on the fight against the ice. I looked outside and there was a hawk in our tree. The next is one of our trips to Starbucks while our electricity was out. (I have to have my coffee :o) ) The last is what our tree looked like by the end of the day. I got out about an hour ago and hit a few slick spots and saw one accident.

No comments: