Saturday, June 7, 2008

2 cakes in 2 days





Wow, this week we celebrated my sister-in-law's birthday & hosted a bridal shower for someone in our church. I used a Paula Deen recipe for my sister-in-law's cake and the tried and true wilton method for the shower. Both turned out nice and I had so much fun pulling it all off. I had help with the chocolate curls from my daughter and help with the shower from some lovely ladies at church (thanks to all of you!). I love having girl parties when you bring out the china and silver. Also, the party food. The shower was a kitchen theme so we used some of the brides kitchen colors and kitchen gadgets to decorate. What do you think?

2 comments:

мiтzi c. said...

cool blog ;)
look at mine:
http://mitzientertainment.blogspot.com/

Jawan said...

Pam,
I've always said that the circles within the PCA are small and tight. I tend to be a bit biased but I absolutely love our denomination and the Gospel that we so dearly hold onto and proclaim. Fallen sinners, we are, but oh how amazing His love is for His children. So good to know that you and I share this in common!

Your friend will have such precious years full of wonderful memories while in STL at Covenant. We have four sets of couples/friends there now and are blessed each time we talk to them and visit. Makes my husband wish he had attended Covenant instead but he is always quick to say, "I'm glad God chose the seminary for me that He did b/c meeting [me] you there was far greater than the theology I gained". Isn't he cute?

The cakes are beautiful, by the way!