Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pammie, Pammie, Quite Contrary........


Wow my garden is taking off. We have been getting strawberries, sugar snap peas, lettuce, radishes and even one onion. Soon the carrots will be ready and cabbages. My garlic is starting to lay over which is a sign it is about ready for harvest. I am really learning alot. It doesn't matter how many books you buy some of the learning (especially when things are ready to harvest) is just trial and error. I can't tell you how many radishes I pulled up to soon. I'm restraining myself from pulling up a carrot at least until next Wednesday. Everything but one corn plant is growing nicely. I will be replanting that today if I don't see signs of a plant. OH!!! I finally finished Abbie's knee socks I was knitting!!! I started them in December for Christmas and was up to the leg part well before Christmas but that was the slowest most boring part of the sock. It didn't help that she wanted knees socks and the yarn is like twine. I am including a picture of the socks.

No comments: