Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Life


Well this weekend was busy indeed. Friday was the last day of school which meant finals for one of our kids and a field trip for another. After everyone arrived home and changed we headed out of town for my nephew's high school graduation 3 hours away. I was shocked to see one of my own fellow graduates from high school. I didn't even recognize him!!! It made me wonder just how much different I must look after 25 years. After celebrating with my family we were off for home. I was up early delivering the cake for my nieces graduation party. Then it was off to her graduation that morning. By the time it was all over we were all exhausted but my garden was begging to be watered. Where was the usual Memorial Day Weekend thunderstorms that seem to hit our part of the country? Sunday brought church and a youth party that evening. Fortunately, it was for the family so everyone was fed. Monday we were up early, as the weekend drunks were going to bed, to get our 20 mile cycling ride in. But we were rewarded with a trip to IHOP. Terry grilled that afternoon. We had chicken, corn on the cob, zucchini, and oriental salad (the cabbage was from my garden!!!). My sister-in-law and family came with the dessert....her wonderful bread pudding!!! While Terry was grilling I took one of the little ones to my garden to pick a carrot. After dinner we walked to the park and let the little ones play. What a weekend. Well if that is not life to its fullest I'm not sure I could handle it. It is so much fun spending time with family and friends.

1 comment:

Denise said...

So what time did you guys finally arrive home Saturday morning?