Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm singing in the rain....


Wow!!! What a rain we had yesterday. I set my little bell pepper plants out in my garden to harden them yesterday morning and had to leave them there overnight. We got so much rain that the backyard was flooded and I couldn't get to my garden. I have flowers and seeds I need to get in the ground but that will have to wait a day or two. This weekend I will post pictures of my garden. It is really beginning to grow. If I can keep the cabbage worms under control we will be good. The reason the water is red is we live in central Oklahoma where the dirt is red. That is a raised bed of cinder blocks with 4 inch capstones on top. That is how deep it was.

2 comments:

Jawan said...

Hey Pam...good to "meet" you! So glad you happened upon my blog. I've also marked yours to visit daily. Walgreens had a special this week of an 8lb bag of potting soil for $1 as well as 10 pack of seeds for $1 so I stocked up and will be planting some beautiful flowers with my children tomorrow, our last official day of spring break. I'm eager to hear more about your garden!

Denise said...

Holy cow! Did the water start seeping under the back door? Hope you don't float away.