Monday, October 20, 2008

I can't believe I did the whole thing!!!










Well, yesterday my daughter and I completed a duathlon. She has done several of these but for me it was the first. Yes, I had done the running leg of a sprint tri but I did ALL of this! Wow, I am still taking it all in. I finished under 2 hours so that made me very happy and I wasn't the last one to come in. It was very windy but beautiful. Thank goodness for the biking portion. I have only been running for 6 weeks so that was very sad on times but my biking made up for it. I passed somewhere between 10 and 20 people on the bike. I thank God for allowing me to do this as it is something I have longed to do ever since Abbie and Terry did their first last year. Oh, also Abbie took first in her age group (as always)!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Pam! What an accomplishment. You look great.

Denise said...

Cool! I'd be saying thank God for the breeze/wind because it would keep you from passing out in the heat. Your pics looked great!